I took the glue up from my last post and cut it on the table saw to a more workable thickness.
I know it looks like I used the workmate and a handsaw but I really did do it with the old craftsman tablesaw.
Then I ran it under the sanding disc in the RAS to smooth it up.
The disc I have isn’t very even in its pressure and I didn’t keep it moving fast enough so there were some burn marks.
I mounted the neck template and traced the outline.
I didn’t get any shots of hacking it out with my jigsaw.
Next I threw a small drum sander in the RAS and sanded close to the line so the router wouldn’t have to take off very much.
Note to self, Buy a robosander.
Since the main part of the neck is two pieces turned 90 degrees to make it quarter sawn the grain at the heel is pretty neat looking but I haven’t gotten a picture of that just yet.